These “Vegan Almond Pea Protein Pancakes” make a delicious breakfast or dessert! Topped with maple syrup glaze and juicy berries, they are simply irresistible.
Steering clear of the usual wheat flour, these pancakes are prepared with nutty almond flour. Also, the creaminess of soy milk, naturally sweet applesauce, and fragrant cinnamon come together to create this lip-smacking vegan delight.
Research states that an adult woman (19 years+) needs 46 g of protein per day while adult men require 56 g each day. Our body’s essential protein requirement is often hard-to-meet when following a vegan or vegetarian diet regime! Thus, using dairy-free pea protein powder helps fulfil the need.
Therefore, whisk and fry a few vegan almond pea protein pancakes and fuel up for the day!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 scoops vanilla pea protein powder
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 25 tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt(to taste)
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Fresh/frozen berries (raspberries & blueberries)
- Maple syrup
- First and foremost, put all the dry ingredients (almond flour, vanilla pea protein powder, baking powder, coconut sugar, cinnamon, & salt) in a bowl. Mix well.
- Then, add the soy milk & apple sauce into the dry pancake mixture. Combine everything into a semi-runny batter. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Now, heat a non-stick pan over a medium-low flame. Add the coconut oil (1tsp), and spread it on the pan.
- Next, pour a ladle full of the pancake batter and spread it gently with the bottom of the ladle. Let it cook undisturbed for a few minutes till tiny bubbles are visible.
- After that, flip cautiously (try separating the pancake edges from the pan before flipping). Cook the other side for 3-4 minutes until done.
- Finish off making pancakes with the remaining batter similarly.
Finally, serve the vegan protein pancakes topped with fresh/frozen berries and some maple syrup.
- Flax seeds are a good source of protein and can be added to the recipe! Just mix a tablespoon of ground flax seeds with 2 tablespoons of water and let it sit for 5 minutes before adding to the pancake batter.
- To make the applesauce at home, you can puree 1-2 pieces of apple (peeled & cored) along with some water and few drops of lemon juice.
- Besides almond flour, you may use oat flour, cashew flour, cassava flour, or whole wheat flour.
This recipe makes 4 Vegan Almond pea protein pancakes, where each pancake contains-
- Calories: 354
- Protein: 21.91 g
- Fat: 22.35 g
- Carbohydrate: 21.3 g
- Sugars: 11.74 g