If there is one question that can easily overwhelm the average person, it has to be this one:
“How can I get fit?”
This is an incredibly common concern, and you’ve probably asked yourself the same thing at some point in your life.
Today, we’ll go over the most critical considerations.
The Problem With ‘Getting Fit’
Getting fit, at its core, is not an overly complicated process. There are several things you need to focus on and hammer them over and over again.
The problem is, we live in an era of information overload. For every fitness-related question you have, there are at least a dozen different answers, and most of them contradict one another.
So, as a person who doesn’t have much clue where to begin, it can be disheartening.
This is the biggest issue with trying to get fit. But, if you focus on the basics, you can start making good progress immediately.
How to Start Getting Fit In Three Simple Steps
Don’t focus on shiny objects and overly complicated approaches at first. Start with the basics:
- Practice Resistance Training
Resistance training is one of the most beneficial ways to exercise because it:
- Brings about numerous health benefits
- Improves bone mineral density
- Elevates the mind, boosts our mood, and increases our energy levels
- Makes us stronger and more muscular
The best part is, you don’t need to live in the gym to reap these benefits. You can begin with as little as three weekly workouts of 20 to 30 minutes each.
- Work On Better Nutritional Habits
Whether we like it or not, our nutrition plays a significant role in our fitness and health. So, to get fit, we need to put just as much attention to our nutritional habits as we do for everything else.
But, it’s essential to start small and slowly work on scaling positive habits. Good examples include:
- Consume one healthy meal each day
- Drink at least two liters of water each day
- Cut back on sodas, fruit juices, energy drinks, and processed foods
- Eat at least five servings of fruits and veggies each day
- Get Enough Sleep
Sleep is another crucial element of good health and fitness. To achieve great results in the gym, maintain good health, feel good, and boost our productivity, we need to get enough quality sleep each night.
According to most sources, we should sleep from seven to nine hours each night. To improve your sleep, you should:
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time each day
- Keep your room dark, quiet, and cool
- Invest some money in a quality mattress and pillow
- Cut back on caffeine within eight hours of going to bed